Shweta Tiwari New look


Actress Shweta Tiwari plays a comic character named Katrina Mishra in Star Plus’s new show Mad in India.  

Shweta, who has to speak in a Bhojpuri accent on the show, admits she couldn't speak the language earlier and tried to copy actor Manoj Tiwari to get it right. 

“I picked up the accent or the way of saying things from him when we were locked in the Bigg Boss house," Shweta says. 

Comedy isn’t new to Shweta. She has won one season of the TV show Comedy Circus with her partner, stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma. 

“I won because of Kapil. I didn’t have a role to play," she says. “My comedy is good only because of Kapil. When I started, I didn’t know a thing about comedy. But I have learnt the knack over a period of time, which is what matters in comedy.” 

Now she enjoys it, but some things are off-limits. 

“I don’t like personal punches involving one’s family or personal life. But if things are said about me, I don’t really mind. It’s the Indian mentality to laugh at the expense of others.” 

She added, “I like doing comedy because it lets you be different people, be in different get-ups, behave mad, and sometimes weird, which you don t do in real life or a daily soap.



0 comments:

Post a Comment